Teaching is learning
Teaching is learning
The aim of the programme (implemented in 2008-2015) is to support the improvement of higher education institutions' graduates' professional competitiveness. To implement the programme, 22 higher education institutions, the Federation of Estonian Student Unions and Estonian Information Technology Foundation are involved.
The programme focuses on the development of six activity areas:
1. sustainable and high-quality competency in the area of higher education pedagogy, i.e. teaching stuff
2. high-quality implementation of study programmes based on learning outcome, i.e. quality of study
3. quality of recognition of prior learning and work experience, i.e. RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning)
4. support systems and result-orientated management skills that support the conducting of studies, i.e. strategic management
5. research and analyses in the field of higher education, i.e. research and analysis
6. training of adjusting to studies for entrants by providing study and career counselling services and support services to students with special needs, i.e. students
More info about each activity area can be found on the left menu bar.
Total cost of the programme is 15.6 million euros. Programme is supported by the European Social Fund and carried out by Archimedes Foundation.
NB! In summer 2014 the development of the above mentioned activities ended. Only two activities last until 2015: the support for students with special needs and the special higher education scholarship. Read more about the scholarships (*.pdf).
Programme Primus has 21 partners, including 19 Estonian institutions of higher education. Check the complete list from here.
The partners' thanksgiving and program's final event took place on March 6th 2014 in Tallinn. See more info in Estonian.
Want to keep yourself updated about Primus news, activities and see the latest photos? Click like on our Facebook fan page.
Programme Primus holds several conferences, seminars and trainings. Definitely check our calendar for the dates and details!